Travel with ISEE
Every “odd” year (2019, 2021, 2023 etc.) ISEE takes a team of volunteers to Uganda to learn more about this beautiful country, to see first-hand the successes and challenges of the Ugandans, and to serve the vulnerable population targeted by ISEE’s mandate of Investing in Sustainability, Education and Empowerment Solutions.
- Assembling the sets for distribution
- Presenting reproductive health workshops in primary schools, secondary schools, and within communities
- Meeting Mama Nguvu participants and learning more about their micro-businesses
- Helping new Mama Nguvu participants set up their businesses
- Meeting ISEE’s Ugandan partners to learn more about their programs
- Working with educators in developing programs to increase literacy and numeracy
- Volunteering in schools
- ??? Many options are possible depending on your area of expertise
Many people say to us, “What can I offer?” and our response is “YOU!” Your hands; your head; your heart: these are so valuable. The individuals there face struggles we cannot even conceive and for them to meet individuals from Canada who care about them is really empowering, especially for those who are single mothers and HIV+. Ugandans are so touched that you would even consider coming to learn more about their country and about them. Trust us, once you are there you will find something that really clicks for you and you will run with it. You will return a changed person and the individuals you work with will be forever changed as well.
“It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there will be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Cost: Between $4500 and $5000 (airfare always fluctuates and usually accounts for 50% of the cost but we will do everything in our power to keep the cost as low as possible)
- Return airfare from Kelowna
- breakfast and dinner
- Uganda Transport
Does Not Include
- Required immunizations and medications (approx. $500.00)
- 2 night safari (approx. $750.00USD)
- Spending money
- Occasional lunches out (usually you eat your own snacks)
- Alcoholic beverages
Interested? Contact erika(at)iseesolutions(dot)org to discuss this further.
We are happy to take youth over the age of 15. Contact us for more details.