Women Working With Women 2017 – W4 2017
In 2017, ISEE is leading a women’s peregrination to Uganda to learn more about this beautiful country, to see first-hand the successes and challenges of the Ugandans, and to serve the vulnerable population targeted by ISEE’s mandate of Investing in Sustainability, Education and Empowerment Solutions.
- Working with Kupendwa Ministries to educate and support pregnant teens, teen mothers, and other pregnant women in Jinja and the surrounding communities
- Presenting reproductive health workshops for girls and young women in primary schools, secondary schools, and within communities
- Meeting women and learning more about their micro-businesses
- Helping women set up their new businesses
- Delivering budgeting training
- Working with educators in developing programs to increase literacy and numeracy
- Infant/child care and first aid
- ??? Many options are possible depending on your area of expertise
Many people say to us, “What can I offer?” and our response is “YOU!” Your hands; your head; your heart: these are so valuable. The women there face struggles we cannot even conceive and for them to meet women from Canada who are strong, allowed to make their own decisions, and who care about them is really empowering, especially for those who are single mothers and HIV+. The Ugandan women are so touched that you would even consider coming to learn more about their country and about them. Trust us, once you are there you will find something that really clicks for you and you will run with it. You will return a changed woman and the women you work with will be forever changed as well.
“It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there will be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
“Dates”: July 2nd to 18th, 2017
Cost: Approximately $4500 (airfare always fluctuates and usually accounts for 50% of the cost but we will do everything in our power to keep it as close to this cost as possible)
- $500 non-refundable deposit due January 31st (to cover airfare deposits)
- 4 payments of $1000 in February, March, April, and May 2017 (approximate – price may change depending on value of Canadian dollar and airfare)
- Return airfare from Kelowna
Does Not Include
- Required immunizations and medications (approx. $500.00)
- 2 night safari at Paraa Safari Lodge (approx. $750.00USD)
- Spending money
- Alcoholic beverages
Interested? Contact erika(at)iseesolutions(dot)org to discuss this trip further.
Ready to apply? Fill out the following form and email it back!
(Are you under 18 and interested in traveling with ISEE? Contact Erika for the youth application.)
General Information about Trips
Each year, a team of volunteers travels to Uganda to be involved in ISEE Solutions’ work. Anyone interested in ISEE’s work is welcome to join a travel team. If you are interested in volunteering overseas and you have an open heart and a flexible attitude, we would love to have you join us!
Possible Volunteer Projects:
– presenting on women’s health issues
– youth/adult skills training
– partnering with teachers/ professional development
– volunteering in schools and orphanages
General Overview of a Trip:
Approximate cost: $5,000.00 CDN which includes:
– flight to and from Entebbe leaving from Kelowna (this is 50% of the cost involved)
– breakfast and dinner
– transport in Uganda
– all taxes, visa fees and other administrative fees
– 3 day all inclusive safari (beverages at your own cost)
Youth aged 13+ are welcome to travel with a parent or legal guardian on an ISEE organized trip. ISEE believes strongly in the transformative power of the experience had in a developing nation for developed nation youth. In order to be involved in such a trip, ISEE requires that the youth organize a fund-raising event before travelling. 50% of the funds raised go toward the youth trip and 50% go toward projects on the ground in Uganda.
Please contact bree(at)iseesolutions(dot)org to learn more about youth travel.
Travel Dates and Applications
Teams travel mostly in the summer but other times can be available based on the schedules of the ISEE board members. Please contact us if you are interested in travelling with ISEE Solutions. Application forms are below.